Monday, February 12, 2007

El Laberinto del Fauno


My friend Winni and I went to see Pan's Labyrinth on Saturday...I have to say that the movie was great but it scared the hibbi yibbies out of us.

Though it is not a scary movie per se, it has many parts that required me to close my eyes because they were just too "intense". I guess that I could say that there are parts in the movie that are very gruesome and violent.

It is much darker than I had anticipated...though I really knew nothing about the movie going in except that it had received some good reviews and that it had won some sort of award. The acting was amazing, the "creatures" were incredible and very well done and the whole feel of the movie was realistic. You can check out some reviews at Metacritic .

I also LOVED the fact that it was in Spanish and after a couple of minutes I was able to sit back and enjoy the movie without having to read the subtitles.

All in all it was a very good movie to use an extremely boring adjective. Check it out if you like the scary stuff though you might not want to go and see the late show...you will have a hard time falling asleep afterwards.


1 comment:

Mad said...

I saw this a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it while I was watching it. Afterwards, though, it kinda bugged me that her parents in the underworld would force such a hideous test upon their child in order to allow her to come home. I am still wrestling with that conclusion. Otherwise, the film was beautiful and, as you point out, disturbing.