Friday, May 11, 2007

Sickness, Sickness Go Away

I have been nursing a sick baby these last couple of days and so I have had very little time to post. Poor Isa has been home with a fever due to a nasty cold that she has. I don't have to tell you that it is just awful when your little one is sick. She has been very quiet and clingy, she likes to spend most of her time cuddled with me on the couch or in her room. Now don't get me wrong I love to cuddle with her I just feel so bad when she is under the weather and is not acting her normal rambunctious self.

I took her to the doctor to eliminate the possibility that the fever was caused by an ear infection. As I have mentioned before, my doctor's office is on the other side of the world. Well, it looks like God was on my side yesterday because not only was I able to get an appointment at a decent time, traffic was a breeze, and I got to see the doctor the second I stepped into the office. Ten minutes after arriving at the doctors and we were on our way home. Now that is a record people, NEVER has that happened. EVER.

I was informed that Isa did not have an ear infection, that all she has is a cold. So there. All I can do is wait it out and give her Tylenol. I was happy and a little pissed off, only because I had to drive all the way to the other end of the city only to hear that what I had been doing was the way to go. But needless to say, I was relieved because Isa was not experiencing even more discomfort and she wont have take antibiotics.

Today she was better and was able to return to daycare. This means that I can actually do some work on the business and get caught up with my blogs.

Enjoy Mother's Day weekend. I am getting together with my Spanish mom friends with the kiddies for a play date tomorrow at the ungodly hour of 8:30 am (I usually wake up at 8). But I just love getting together with them, that I'm just going to have to deal with. The Husband will just have to let me have a little nap in the afternoon given that he gets to sleep in.

Cheers.


No comments: