Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Other Mama

I think I have shared with you all how as of lately Isa and I have been joined at the hip. The girl will not leave my side and wants me to do everything for her. Well, last week at the big bar-b-q party that her day care put together I discovered the other person whom Isa clings to, Carrie, her amazing day care teacher.

The party was a lot of fun, I guess as much fun as it can be with 20 toddlers running around, all fighting for the same toys or pushing each other to go on the slide or the bouncing castle in what felt like 40 degree weather. One big plus was that I got to meet many of the other parents of the children that share the Toddler Room with Isa. We were able to chat while our kids ran around. Well at least their kids, Isa was as expected right beside me holding onto 'her' ball.


At one point, one of the children had to go inside and Carrie had to take them in. So what does Isa do? She lets go of my hand, and walks towards Carrie and the little girl and goes with them. I was in shock. She never leaves my side, not even for her father. Carrie tells me as they are walking away that she always follows her in, in fact she follows her everywhere. Ha, so I'm not the only one.

Off she went, with Carrie and I had about 15 minutes all to my self, I was smart and used the time to get some food and something to drink. But what I really wanted to do was go on the bouncy castle. Oh well.

Here are a few of the pictures that I took of Isa at her day care.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Adorable! And isn't it so reassuring to know that they love the 'daycare ladies' too? Munchkin is always snuggling the women at daycare, and they love her right back. It makes me feel good when I have to be apart from her, you know?

I would've taken my shoes off and joined you in the bouncy castle. I'm just saying ... ;-)