Thursday, August 23, 2007

My Brain Is Going To Explode

I have been doing quite a great deal of research lately that I feel like my brain is going to burst. Even though I need to take a breather for half an hour I thought that I would take five minutes to write. I meant to post yesterday but I had Isa with me as we had a play date that afternoon, as you all know, I can't spend more than two minutes sitting at the computer before she starts having a breakdown. I really have to work on this problem, but knowing me I will just let it be and just not work in front of her.

Well, what can I say that is remotely interesting and worth reading. Not much I'm afraid. I find that now that Isa is older there are 'less' things that are funny or embarrassing(for me). This is not to say that she does not have her moments, like the crayola incident but now I forget faster and if I don't take the trouble to jot things down they are lost.

One little funny thing, which maybe only be funny and cute to me is that now she is calling herself 'Ita', she can't say Isa and for sure she can't say her full name. So now it is always, 'Ita shoes' or 'Ita up', 'Ita bear' and so on. I think that it is hilarious and sometimes I actually catch myself calling her Ita, but really I should be calling her by her full name so that she eventually uses it. I am just so lazy when it comes to names, I have always given people short names, if I could have found a nice short version of my name I would have used it but you can't do much with Karla...Kar does not work for me.

What other useless tidbit can I share....let me think...I guess that I can share some of the new developments in the eating and bathing routine. It seams that Isa has lost any interest in all kinds of foods, now she will only eat dairy products (cheese, milk, yogurt), peanut butter, bread, avocados and strawberries, oh and she will each sweet bad things like cakes and chocolate(she is my daughter after all). This is all! You can imagine my frustration as every attempt at getting her to have a nice cooked meal fails. So I have taken a step back and decided not to fight her on it, now I give her what she likes. Though I always offer the food that is available for dinner for her to try, maybe one day she is accept it.

One thing that has helped me keep my sanity is that she does eat cooked food at the day care. Why you may ask? As I have mentioned before, it is due to a thing called 'peer pressure', this maybe bad for teenagers but a wonderful thing for toddlers. So she gets vegetables and meat during the week at day care. Sad but true.

Now for the bathing routine, for some reason, I have no idea why or when or how it happened, Isa HATES to have her hair washed. She screams and squirms and tries to get away from the water. She is okay with having shampoo in her hair she just hates it when it is time to have it rinsed. I wish I knew when we freaked her out for the first time or whether this is just her thing. This means that I have to be quick about the whole rinse and deal with the screams that come out of her. In toddler fashion, as soon as it is over she is all smiles and happiness. What's up with this?

Well, it looks like I have spent more than five minutes on this post, but I needed to write the new developments down before the next batch arrives.

*************************************************************************************************************
I would like to call on everyone who stops by to take a moment and support BabyThoughts and myself by placing a vote (Canadian residents only) for us at the SavvyMom Mompreneur of the Year contest. You can view my profile here or go directly to vote here. Every time you vote you will be entered to win great prices.

Many thanks,
-K

1 comment:

Her Bad Mother said...

Going to vote!!!