Wednesday, October 03, 2007

The Dark Clouds are Dissipating oh so Slowly

For the last couple of days I have felt very down and unsure and stressed and worried and ...

I have been struggling with some work related things that I have been finding quite challenging. I have always felt overwhelmed when first confronted with an unfamiliar task and once I have taken some time to evaluate what is needed and tackle it in small pieces I get over my worries and fears and get it done. True to form the same thing has happened with my newest work project, it certainly helped that the Husband was able to talk me away from the ledge and get me to break things down into manageable pieces. He also offered his help which I am so grateful for.

And so today I was able to get a small but very important part done and sent off. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted and I can move forward onto the next step. Positive thinking. Positive thinking. Must have positive thoughts.

Alright, enough of this whining I am going to go and get my lunch ready...I am re-heating left-overs from last night and later on I will make a banana bread to use the very very ripe bananas that we have.

If you want a fast and finger-licking good recipe for Pork here is what I mad last night. It is courtesy of Chatelaine magazine:

Rosemary Pork with Pears

1 pork tenderloin
1 tbsp each of Dijon and chopped fresh rosemary
2 firm ripe pears
1 tbsp maple syrup or honey

Preheat oven to 450F. Place pork in the center of an oven safe dish and coat all sides of it with both the Dijon and rosemary. Slice pears in half, lenghtwise and remove core. Drizzle pears with either maple syrup or honey and place around pork with cut side up. Roast until pork is well cooked about 20 to 25 minutes, serve and enjoy.

Yum Yum Yum!

2 comments:

Tania said...

That sounds delicious except for the pork ingrdient. Chicken maybe?

petite gourmand said...

yum-sounds good. nice and simple too.